Volunteer for the Institute for Addiction Science
Volunteers are critical to the mission of IAS. We can't wait to meet you!
Undergraduate research assistantships are available to students in the USC’s Institute for Addiction Science. Qualified students from other programs within USC (e.g., psychology, neuroscience) and at other institutions, including recent graduates, are also welcome to apply. Research assistants work on laboratory and field studies with faculty members of IAS.
- Participant recruitment and retention
- Preparation of research materials
- Clinical interviews with research participants via phone and in person
- Data collection in laboratory-based behavioral experiments with adult substance users
- Data collection in field-based studies with high school students directly in the classroom
Undergraduate assistantships are a great way to gain initial exposure to innovative, collaborative research in preparation for medical school and graduate school in psychology, neuroscience and public health.
We prioritize assistantships to students who are interested in committing to:
- Two consecutive semesters of volunteering
- 10 hours of volunteering per week
- A full day of availability or two 4-hour time slots during normal business hours
If you have any questions or comments, please contact Kristin Dahlquist at email@example.com.